The Long Island Early Childhood Direction Center assists families and professionals in securing services that meet the needs of children with disabilities, birth through age five, by providing information and training about available service options and service delivery systems.
Our goals are to:
· Enhance parents’ and caregivers’ understanding of the preschool special education process.
· Promote research-based instructional programs to improve results for preschool students with disabilities.
· Promote timely evaluations and placements of preschool students in least restrictive environments;
· Improve results for preschool students with disabilities in the areas of early literacy and communication, social emotional skills, and positive behaviors.
· Improve the transition of children from early intervention to preschool special education and from preschool special education to school age education services.